Tuesday 13 August 2013

Where Writers Write - C.R.Moss


Ladies and Gentlemen, please allow me to introduce the wonderful romance author C.R.Moss who has kindly agreed to be the first contributor to the 'Where Writers Write' series. Enjoy!

Hi everyone! I’m happy to be here on Douglas Black’s blog today talking about my favorite writing spot.

I typically write wherever I can. 

In a vehicle: if someone else is driving, I’m writing in a note book… or if I’m driving, I’m either dictating into a recorder, or if I’m with someone, they’re jotting down notes. RM & I did this on the way back from RomCon when it came to brainstorming Wild West Hauntings. Good thing she was able to keep up with how fast my mouth was moving! 

At the doctor’s office: sometimes it takes a while to get in and be seen. Might as well use that time wisely. ;) 

At home: I’m either in my office, in the living room or outside.

When I had to sit down and think about what I wanted to say in this post, I realized my favorite place to write is outside. There’s something to be said about being out in nature—having the sunny, blue sky overhead
This is a view of the sky from my back yard
 
a gentle breeze, being away from the distractions of phones and computers…emails, social networks…and not getting sucked into a television show or two. 

I like being out in nature. I feel that I’m better able to hear my muse, channel the stories he wants me to write down and just write without my internal editor yapping in my ear about every little thing and nitpicking me to distraction. :)

You may be asking, “You write outside? Don’t you live in the southwest of the United States?” Yes, I do, and it does get hot here in the summer, which means I can’t be out in the middle of the day for very long. So, for a couple of months, I have to make a point of it to get up early—and for those who know me they know how hard that can be—to have cool morning shade to write in. I’ll grab a notebook and pen and sit at the table on my patio. 




If you look closely enough, you might be able to see the reflection of the blue sky and wispy clouds. 


When the temps are behaving, I’ll lay out some times




or go down to the pool.



I’ve written many portions of my stories out in my back yard on my patio and been inspired for other scenes down at the pool, one of which is in an upcoming Wild West story RM and I are working on. ;) And, speaking of the Wild West stories, come back on Thursday to check out the spotlight on our newest release, Wild West Promise!


C.R.Moss - A Biography

An eccentric and eclectic writer, C.R. Moss pens stories for the mainstream and erotic romance markets, giving readers ‘Worlds of Possibilities.’

Find C.R. Moss and her social links at  http://crmoss.com/

~ Come out to the hottest readers’ conference in the west, Hot Mojave Knights, and meet C.R., RM & other great authors ~ Las Vegas, NV – October 2013 ~ http://www.hotmojaveknights.com/




Find a new read at Evernight Publishing: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/wild-west-promise-by-c-r-moss-and-r-m-sotera/ 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment