Tuesday 20 August 2013

Where Writers Write - R.M.Sotera

Today we welcome R.M.Sotera who has kindly agreed to show us the places where she likes to write. R.M. will be back on Thursday to give us a sneak peak of Wild West Weekend. The first in the Double D Ranch Tales series. 





For me writing spaces can be anywhere. You will find me with notepads everywhere.  For me, when inspiration hits I need to be able to document the thoughts that run ramped through my mind courtesy of my muse, Styxx.

So here is how my writing transpires – Most stories I map in a notebook.  When I’m sure of the direction I want to go I make a storyboard on poster paper and hang it in my office. Also a story bible for me is a must to keep track of characters, setting, and all of the good stuff that comes with developing a world and the people in it.  

Step two - I usually sit with my laptop and story bible in my living room listening to music on my I-pod.  The television is usually on, but only for show.  



If I’m having trouble with a scene I will relocate from the living room to the floral garden in my backyard and try to clear my mind.  



Once my story is finished and I’ve completed all the revisions and edits needed before submission to a publisher or agent, I transfer my work to my office and the desktop computer.  Here I type my query letter and other documents that must go with the submission. 


When my stories are accepted and the assigned editor’s revisions and edits are returned to me everything is completed on my desktop computer.  It isn’t my space that is as important to me as my process.  I’m also a school teacher and I think my obsessive behavior toward concrete steps in my writing process is juxtaposition to the creative side of me.

It’s important to note that while I do practice a very structured developing process with my writing, once I have the proper setup the creative juices take over and the chapters flow organically.  I’m a contradiction in every sense of the word. 

R.M. Sotera - A Biography

R.M. Sotera is a romance vixen stuck in the body of a prim and proper woman.  A transplant to Las Vegas, by day she is a wife, mom, taxi driver, counselor, and psychologist to her wild and, at times, crazy friends.  But when the family goes to bed and the house is dark, she seeks refuge in her office where her deepest desires take hold.



And…ultimately a story is born.

~~Read a story by R.M. Sotera ~

~~Where Happily Ever After Is Just The Beginning~~

Follow Me At:

 Twitter

Facebook










No comments:

Post a Comment